RapturePonies, Adam Lacey and Leigh each tagged me in the Memes…
Rules: having been tagged, list six unknown facts about yourself. Tell your tagger you have posted.
Tag six new sources and personally inform them of their tagee-ness. Their submissions can be done on their own blogs or in the comment box below.
Werrrrgh? I felt a bit averse to posting a meme referencing the useless on this, a music blog.
So here’s a random Musical meme?
1) At a Tisch screening a few years ago, I told Sorcha Brennan to get out of shot so I could take a photo of Butterfly Explosion.
2) My first ever paid job for a band was to follow StoneOcean around Carlow for a day, which is when I met 79Cortinaz. I proceeded to take loads of photos, get ratted drunk, graffiti the toilets and was driven home asleep on my untouched battered sausage and chips.
3) I’m unbearably shy and always full of questions for the bands I meet that I never get to ask because a scamptious mental devil overrides sense with sheer inanity. When photographing The Cribs at Oxegen 2006 I almost blurted “your father should demand a DNA test!” at the youngest Jarman brother.
4) Before landing my work experience at HotPress, I only ever went to Whelans if I was plastered. Then I was barred and didn’t return for about seven years.
5) The first unsigned Irish CD I ever bought was The Jimmy Legs’ EP for £4 in Fibbers, a godawful creation with a neon pink Jack Russel on the cover, inside which they thanked God, their parents and John Player Blue.
6) I’m an awful, deaf, insomniac drummer.
I hereby tag six Irish musicians’ blogs and ask that they reveal six things about their band :
1) Deaf Animal Orchestra
2) The Eclectic
3) Team Fresh
5) Queen Kong