Poor Fred indeed, they’re the latest band to fall prey to instrument thieves. Their entire live set-up of guitars, bass and drums were recently nicked from their van – parked outside the Anglesea Garda station in Cork, funnily enough.
Ah it’s terrible news for the guys who have gig plans and nothing to play on. They’ve issued an appeal along with full description of the gear in hope a sharp-eyed soul might notice any new, unusual gear cropping up:
- 1 Fender Blues Junior re issue amp with tweed finish….est.. €900 …rare
- 1 Fender sunburst precision bass (size to come)…est. €2000…..rare
- 1 Fender Stage 100 amp…est. €800
- 1 Pearl masters white marine pearl finish with gold trim rack tom drum;(12″x8″) in rigid black case with yellow straps on catches…est€600…one of a kind
- 1 Pearl Masters sparkly blue snare drum with chrome trim (14″x6″) kept in worn wine coloured case covered in old stickers (1 Sparta prague F.C. sticker included) with black tie strap…est.€600
- 1 Trace Elliot bass head…..est.€500
FRED need this gear to do their job.We actually won’t be able to gig without it. Is it possible to set up a safe house ie simon shelter etc for someone to drop the gear into? I know this isn’t the first time a band has been robbed so if anyone has any knowledge or idea how to get this gear back please contact us. My contact number is 086 078 6943
There ya’ll have it. They’re in a bind so take this excuse to ring up those deadly fuckers you met down in the country and spread the word. Not just down south, anyone, anywhere, even your Nana if she’s mad for the bass. The Fredheads will thank you for it.