GERMANY TO RECOGNIZE INTERSEX PEOPLE
Germany will soon legally recognise intersex people as a unique category. Although the law falls short of creating a “third gender”, parents of intersex children will not be obliged to fill in a gender on birth certificates and intersex children will be allowed to identify as male, female or neither, later-on in life. The new law will not apply to transgender people. However lawyers have argued that trans people should also have the right to determine their legally recognised gender. Germany’s Justice Minister, Sabine Leuthheusser-Schnarrenberger has said that “comprehensive reform” is needed.
NO ORAL OR ANAL, WE’RE VIRGINIANS
Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli is calling for a ban on oral and anal sex between consenting adults. Cuccinelli is an equal opportunity prude – he wants to kibosh all oral and anal between hetero and homosexual couples. It was only in 2003 that America’s Supreme Court ruled that individual states cannot prohibit private sexual activity between same-sex adults, although Virginia only overturned its ban on “sodomy” last month. Cuccinelli has asked the federal court to reconsider this decision.
GOOGLE GLASS PORN
Google Glass is not yet available, but the world’s first porn film using the technology has already been made. The film stars the ever-popular James Deen and Andy San Dimas. They have sex on her desk while wearing the Google Glass headgear, which allows them to watch each other’s point of view though their paired devices. Which is damn pretty clever, and suggests we may be able to have sex in a completely new way, very soon!
SEXTON’S MISCELLANY CONTRACEPTION EFFECTIVENESS RATES
There is a whole range of contraceptive choices these days. Choosing the best one for you can be confusing. Here are the most popular types of contraception and their effectiveness rates.
• Pill – 99 percent effective if taken properly. Some medications can interfere with contraceptive pills, so be sure to check with
• Mini-Pill – 96 to 99 percent effective. The mini-pill has to be taken at the same time every day. If not, it is less effective.
• Injection – 99 percent effective. A good choice if you don’t mind needles.
• Patch – 99 percent effective, but you do have wear a plaster for three weeks out of four.
• Implant – 99 percent effective and works for up to three years. You can feel the implant under the skin, but it is not visible.
• Intrauterine System – 99 percent effective and works for up to five years. However it is generally only given to women who have already had a family.
• Coil – 98 to 99 percent effective and can stay in for up to ten years.
• Vaginal Ring – 99 percent effective if
• Diaphragm or Cap – 92 to 98 percent effective. I don’t like those odds…
• Condoms – 99 percent effective if used properly and the only contraception that prevents sexually transmitted diseases. Using condoms properly along with the pill is as close to a guarantee as you will get.