The penis is a feat of biological engineering and most of us have had to deal with one at some point or other, either your own or someone else’s. Here are some interesting facts about man’s other best friend.
1. Penises need exercise. Having regular erections helps keep a penis in good working order.
2. There is no consistent relationship between the size of a flaccid penis and an erect one. Some are ‘growers’, others are ‘show-ers’, and some are both! A study found that erection increases can vary from as little as a quarter inch to 3.5 inches.
3. For the majority of men, the underside of the glans and the underside of the shaft are the most sensitive parts of the penis.
4. Sad but true – sensitivity declines with age. And worse news, sensitivity begins to decrease from the age of 25 although the sharpest decline is between 65 and 75. The good news is that because it happens gradually most men are not really aware of decreased sensitivity.
5. Penises are a little like icebergs in that a lot of them is hidden from view – half the length of the penis is inside the body.