Quite a lot of women suffer from stomach cramps after sex. The pain can range from mild to pretty severe. The pain can be caused by any number of things, including:
• Energetic sex that involves lots of exercise
• Sexual positions: certain positions can cause the penis to hit against the cervix or uterus, particular if your sexual partner is pretty large. Do this repeatedly and the pain will get worse.
• Ovarian cysts
• Pregnancy: mild cramping after sex is pretty normal if you’re pregnant. If the pain seems intense, see your doctor.
• Chlamydia: while most women don’t experience any symptoms, a few get cramps.
What you can do:
• Change positions for a few weeks, and alternate between deep and shallow penetrative positions thereafter.
• Use kegel exercises to strengthen the muscles.
• Have a warm bath after sex.
• See a doctor if you are worried about cysts.
• Get tested if you’ve had unprotected sex.